Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 30: Guy's Arrival!

This morning started early again, I keep waking up before my alarm goes off and just end up starting chores. It was unusually warm out, and there were thick clouds everywhere. While I was moving the chicken tractors, one of the Laying Hens was dead. So I had to carry her to the edge of the property and chuck her in the woods.

I have been slowly feeling a change in my mind, that is to say, the way my mind operates when I'm not actively engaging it. Since most of my chores don't require intense thinking, my mind is allowed to wander, this is part of why farming is perfect for me, because I love to let my mind wander. I think that most people do like to let their mind wander but find it difficult to find times where it's allowed to wander. I find my mind regressing, and I mean that in the best possible way! I have found that my mind is starting to be more childlike, more creative and imaginative.

For breakfast I had more raw eggs and a pomegranate! Here is a picture of the pomegranate that I picked apart!





I realized something about my life today, part of why I am so happy here. For so long I remember telling my dad that I just wanted to focus on the basics of life! You know, the key components that we absolutley require to stay alive, water, sleep and food! I would tell my dad, "Those things are the building blocks of healthy lifestyle, yet into day's busy life I feel like all get shunted to the back burner because I'm always focusing on some other commitments I have." I finally realized today that I am focusing on the basics and it feel so good!

Guy arrived around 11 it was fun to see him! I gave him the tour of the farm and we saw a horned toad along the way!



then we settled in a little in our room. It's going to be pretty tight quarters in this room. After we settled in we went back to work preparing for tommorow's market. It was a busy day, and a late dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment