Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 31: Relaxing day off!

Today was a good day off, a nice restful day off of sleeping and eating, as well as a little celebrating. I slept late, till 7 am, then I cooked up my breakfast of eggs and pancakes, when I was sufficiently full I went  back to bed. It is such a nice feeling to lay around and do nothing for the first time in few weeks.

I did some educational reading, some creative writing, as well as a little drawing, here is the end result:




I drew until I smelled smoke. I went to check it out and remembered that it was Maggie's Big party! It was a lot of fun, good food, fun people and lots of throwing little kids in the pool!

When it was time for cake, Tina brought me, Guy, and Jim some pieces. "Oh, thanks Tina!" said Guy.

"Thanks sweetie." said Jim.

"Thanks sweetie." said I. and then, WHACK!

Jim happened to be holding a coiled lasso in his hand and used it to whack me! But he was laughing as he did, it was a well timed joke I think.

Tina said, "That's thank you Ma'am to you mister!" also laughing. I have gotten pretty close with both of them which is fun

After the party and everything Guy and I did chores, he is still learning the ropes otherwise I would have been in the room continuing to relax! After rounding up the chickens Tina came by to work out a days off schedule for us so that I could begin the process of raising money for Thailand. Also it is worth mentioning that I talked to Sundog today at the party and I am hopefully be going out to his place in Arivaca, the near by artist's community and spend a day off or two learning some primitive living skills like hunting or trapping which would be really cool!

Today was really my last relaxing day off from here on out I think, for the rest of the time here I will either be doing work for other people to raise money or having enriching days at Sundog's place.

It's been a short couple of post's these last two days but things have gotten busier with Guy here, but it's fun having a roommate besides Stubs! Hopefully as our routine smooths out and things get back on schedule with the normal work weeks I'll be able to get back into a better routine with my posting!

Some updates on the workings of the farm:

-Asher has killed a couple of the chickens in their with him so we moved him from the piglet/chicken pasture to the two sows pasture.

-Tina put a down payment on a milk cow yesterday, so we will be getting a milk cow on Wednesday which means she will be milked twice a day, which means Guy and I will be milking her.

-The turnips Jim and I planted a couple weeks ago will be ready for harvest by this Saturday

-The Summer CSA share ends next week and we start the Fall season


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment