Thursday, September 1, 2011

Arrival Day

Wow, what a journey! Getting here was easy enough, and I was greeted at the airport by Tina and her two lovely children, Maggie (5) and Calum (4). I have yet to meet Jim, the husband and head honcho, but I'm looking forward to it, Tina tells me he  grew up with a big native american influence!

The day started out hot, but quickly enough turned to an amazingly refreshing stormy afternoon! A side note about the picture is that the white refrigerator looking thing is actually my porter poddy for the next 3 months :) I have always wanted a personal portable bathroom!


It was an interesting first day, they had already found an illegal immigrant sleeping in the barn before they picked me up, they said that type of thing is not unusual. As for me, on my tour of the garden with Tina I spotted a rattlesnake and chopped its head off with a machete for Tina, funny thing is she had told me 20 minutes earlier that she hadn't seen a rattler in her 2 years on the farm... and I saw one in my first couple hours! Other than that I got to meet most of the animals on the farm, no pictures today, but I'll be sure to take some good ones over the course of my time here.

I settled in quite nicely to my cozy little bunk room, it is an old tack shed in the barn, so the goats are about 6 feet away from me! Here are a couple of shots of my office, bed, and kitchen/food pantry.




 I need to be up around 5:30 tomorrow so I suppose that's all I'll write tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment