Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 21: Day off!, sorta

This morning I slept in till about 6:30 which felt amazing! I laid in bed for a while thinking about stuff, and then fell back asleep till 7:30! Then I got up for real and decided to make pancakes and eggs! The pancakes were from scratch and it went pretty well! I added some cinnamon to the batter and they turned out really dense and thick! I have no syrup so it was just like having yummy cinnamon bread to go along with my eggs!




Around 11 Tina and I left for Tuscon because she had a market and errands to run, while I got dropped off near the court house to get my passport renewal process started! We had lunch before I got dropped at an Indian buffet called Gandhi's, I have always thought I wouldn't like Indian food, but it was delicious! I had 3 full plates of food! At the court house I found the passport section of the court house and got my paperwork renewed in a matter of minutes, now I just have to wait for them to mail me my new one and I'll be that much closer to Thailand!

After a quick renewal, I had some time to kill so I wandered around looking for a shady spot to read. I found one place, it was the local homeless person hang out, I started reading there after greeting a few homeless folk, but decided I'd rather be closer to where the market was so when I had to meet Tina I wouldn't have as far to go. I ended up walking about a mile to where the market was, and found a nice little shaded spot in a public garden. On the walk there I passed a homeless couple going through trash cans looking for aluminum cans, and then I passed another guy shaking out his sleeping bag down in a dried up river bed. I always wonder what those peoples stories are, how they got there, what there past jobs were.

I read my book for about and hour and ended up falling asleep for a little while. Then around 4 I met Tina at the market where I helped out. It was a much smaller market than the Sunday market! We probably only made like 70 bucks! We packed up and headed for home around 7:30 which is normally when I'm getting ready for bed, but we also still had to stop and get me some groceries. We got home around 9 so I will be going to bed now! Tomorrow is a big clean up day for the tour coming Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment