Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 26: Surprise!

I woke up this morning and thought to my self, "man, I could really use a day off." because my last day off I was in the city applying for a new passport and then doing a market with Tina, and the Day off before that was when I startedworking on the Egg-Mobile. I said to myself, "My next day off I'm going to sleep in and do nothing and eat and read.. cut my self some slack." as I dragged myself off the broken futon and starting putting on my pants and boots. I started doing chores as normal, and around the very end of them, Tina came out and told me that today was supposed to be my day off! I was surprised, and kind of sad I didn't get to sleep in. We kept talking for a little bit and told her needed to go to the post office to mail out a check to Christian, the man I'll be working for in Thailand. She said she was going into town today and that I was welcome to come. She said it was a hip part of town where lots of kids my age hang out. So I agreed to go along for the ride!

She had a meeting to go to concerning the Non-Profit she started, so I walked around 4th Avenue for about 90 minutes while her meeting was going but I'd had enough after that. In those 90 minutes I bought some food at a co-op that had organic food, and I went to a couple book stores. It was in this time that I realized I had a different definition, perhaps a youthful definition of what "hip" is. When she said it would be hip, I was envisioning an arcade of some sort with maybe go-karts and batting cages, places like that. But I guess now a day's 19 year olds are supposed to think that cafe's and tattoo parlors are hip. It's okay though I had my copy of Lord of the Rings in my bag, so I just read it for a while. But I was fun and interesting to walk around the "hip" area for a little while, I just think I can only take that stuff in small doses.

When Tina's meeting was over she offered for me to keep wandering around the  city if I wanted, or to go to her Advanced Anusare Yoga class with her. I opted for the advance yoga class, even though I knew it was probably going to be way over my head. My only previous experience was when I went to one of my Mom's bikram Yoga classes with her, which is 90 minutes of being in a 100 degree room doing lot's of different poses and transitions. It was very hard! This style, Anusare, was much slower, and more focus on the spiritual side of things. We even "Ohmed" at the beginning and end of the class and were listening to sanscrit musics, it was all new to me, but overall pretty peaceful. As well as being more spiritual than my past Yoga experience this style was much more strength oriented or at least today's particular class was strength oriented, Tina says it varies. Anyhow, I did a lot better than I thought I would, and there were somethings that I did my first try that other people in the class couldn't do. I think my wrestling background came into play again, the teacher was impressed by me and asked, me many times if I was sure I hadn't done this before! There were some pretty far out poses though, that I never would have done if I hadn't been walked through it.  For example, there was one where we had to bend at the waste, with our feet more than shoulder width apart, then we had to plant our hands as far behind our heels as we possibly could with our fingers facing forwards. then we slowly squatted down until eventually the back of our knees were resting on our triceps. It sounds weird I know, and then if we could, we had to cross our ankles, so all of our weight was on our arms it was pretty crazy. It was a fun, but hard 90 minutes! After Yoga we did some more errands because when you live an hour out of town, if you ever go into town you make the most of the trip. While we were in Home depot I made Tina Push me around while I rode on the cart for a little bit, that was fun! :)

One of our errands was right outside the farm, in Amado at the local feed and supply store. The store is run by these two born and raised Arizonan brothers. They are actually our neighbors, they are extremely nice guys and have two houses on the property next to ours and each live in their own house and work the farm together! I thought it was just a really cool example of brotherhood, because according to Jim they have been extremely closes ever since they were young boys.

We got home around 4:30 and on the drive home I was thinking about how I would really like some new music to be listening too because some of my songs are getting stale if you know what I mean. About 15 minutes later I found a set of 7 discs in the glove box and it was a playlist that Tina's friend had made for her, and it was titled "A way out of Music Monotony"  and on it were some artists that I know and love, how cool is that! Ask and ye shall receive...

When I got home I started burning the discs to my computer so I can transfer them to my iPod, and then I whipped up some more Rice and Beans with fish! Yum!

So today ended up not being the restful day off that I was hoping for, but it was still fun and exciting which is also good! I suppose I'll try for a restful day off next week! I still have yet to shower in the house, even though the evenings are getting progressively colder, because once I make the initial "plunge" of pointing the hose at my torso, it just gets easier from there! So it's been almost a month since I have had a real shower, but it's okay, the hose is the new normal!


I will be turning in now because I never actually got my sleep in this morning, although I did a fair amount of napping in the car on the way home from yoga, as well as some drooling according to Tina, but I think she was kidding because I'm normally not a drooler, and I didn't have any spots on my shirt. Anyhow, goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment